Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy 130th Labor Day!

I am very thankful for Labor Day Weekend every year because I know that a few things will be involved- family, friends, games, and FOOD! So before I wrote this post, I got to thinking about the what, where, and when of Labor Day. So I did a little bit of research. The first Labor Day was on September 5, 1882. So this is our 130th labor day in this country. We celebrate this holiday to honor workers in this great country. "It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country." I found this quote from the United States Department of Labor website. I am so thankful for those who have come before us who made this great country what it is. I am pretty sure that those hard working men and women would be appalled to see what work ethic has become today for some (maybe most) people in our nation. I hope that as a parent, I will instill good work ethic in my children. I also hope that the majority of America can wake up and see that sitting and doing nothing all day long will get you nowhere quick! ( I think I have been watching a little too much of the RPN) :) Anywho...Happy Labor Day all you hard workers of America! I appreciate what you do, and how you contribute to taking care of my family's everyday needs.

On Chandler household notes... I hope the sickness has fled from our household from sheer terror of me! I am not a fan of being sick, but I am REALLY not a fan of my boys being sick. The only one who did not get sick was Cory. Thank goodness! So we are on the mend and business as usual can resume...whatever that is :)

Brayden still cannot grasp the concept of moving forward with his body. He IS a little crawfish. It is quite funny to watch him.

Noah is getting in the stage of doing and saying things that make me chuckle. He isn't meaning to be funny, but it is! I think that's the best kind of funny.

And I, mommy, am ready for a date night with my hubby. I love that man and am ready for some QT with him! We will have to make that happen soon.

OH! And we just had a hurricane pass through. It was the slowest hurricane I have ever experienced. We waited and waited, and I think it might have hit this morning. Or that could have been a thunderstorm....I don't know. The point is that we were not affected by it, but that is not the case in other parts of the state. My heart goes out to the families who will have to once again try to re-coop and re-build. This is a time for thanksgiving in my heart that we were not affected.

What a crazy and random blog post! Guess that is what happens when you go a week without blogging, but I am happy to keep you updated on life! Hope everyone enjoys each other this weekend and stay safe!

1 comment:

Beth said...

thank you for sharing your lives with us. Much love to you and your family.

Beth