Monday, August 20, 2012

LOTS of change going on!

As I mentioned in my last post, I am now a stay at home mommy. I am so happy that I am getting to do this. I really am enjoying the quality time spent with my boys, and just being able to get things done around the house on a daily basis. This is a HUGE change for my family and mostly for me. I have been working since I was 16, and this is the first time I don't have a job to go to. So it has been very difficult for me to understand that my family is my number one, full time job. What a huge calling this is for women, and a tough one at that! I am learning so many different faults about myself, but I am tankful that these are being revealed to me and that the Holy Spirit is teaching me about the process of sanctification that we as Christians go through on a daily basis. I cannot thank the Lord enough for my husband and my two little boys, and now my opportunity to serve them on a full-time schedule.

Now, let me explain another change I am going through. During the pregnancy of my first born, Noah, I gained 80 pounds. Obviously this was not a good thing, but it happened. While in the process of trying to lose this weight, I became pregnant with our next child, Brayden. I did not lose all of my previous baby weight from Noah, and then gained some with Brayden. So the result was me gaining 2 precious boys and whole lot of unwanted pounds! I have begun to take nutritional supplements from Advocare due to our involvement as distributors, and this has given me a BOOST for my weight loss. Today I started a 6 week boot camp at CrossFit in Alexandria. The class is an hour long on every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I am hoping to live until the end of it :) It is INTENSE, and a huge change for this out of shape body! I am excited though about the results I WILL get at the end of the 6 weeks. Pray for me!!!! :)

If you know me, you know that I don't do well with change. I'm kind of "set in my ways" as some would say, but I know that change is inevitable, and I do believe that these two changes are quite good ones! Reminds me of this verse: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13.

I will leave you with a few pics of some cuties :)

No comments: