Monday, October 8, 2012

Amazed

Often times, I sit back and just think of the Lord's goodness and grace upon my life, and I am simply "amazed". Truly, I am! His faithfulness sustains me through the good times and bad times. And this is what spurred that though on. This morning I was reading about a mother who slipped into a coma after delivering her baby, who she had prayed for for seven years. Many thoughts ran through my mind as I was reading this. I was first so very thankful to look over at Noah playing in his playroom, and Brayden sitting in his high chair laughing at his brother. I then asked, "Why Lord?" And at that moment, I was reminded that the Lord IS faithful. ALL things will work together for good and most importantly, for His glory. That is so hard to fathom when you are in the valleys, but over the ages, that one truth has remained.

So let me share with you how the Lord has been faithful in my life.

* I was born into a home with parents who love the Lord and who have loved me unconditionally. They may not be perfect, but they have shown me and taught me that trusting in the Lord is the only sure thing in this world.

*I became a believer in Christ at an early age of 7, and at that moment, the Lord bestowed his grace upon a wicked sinful heart. I was then a daughter of the King, and the Holy Spirit began a work in me that is yet to be completed.

*Through the years, the Lord has placed believers in my path who have challenged me in my walk with the Lord.

*I was able to attend a college where I was taught to incorporate the truth of the Word within the world where I worked.

*I was privileged to teach at a school with hurting children surrounded by a faculty who loved them, prayed for them, and educated them.

* The Lord brought my Godly, caring, servant-hearted husband to me all the way from North Carolina, and he is so much more than I had ever dreamed for in a husband.

* Only 3 months after I married that man, the Lord began creating a little life inside of me. He is now a smart, funny, and energetic little two year old named Noah Lee Chandler.

* Only 18 months after that, our second little bundle of joy was born, who is currently pulling up and looking at me over my chair. He is a true picture of sweetness and contentment, and his name is Brayden Samuel Chandler.

* I chose to be a stay at home mommy, and this has been the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done. The Lord's faithfulness is written all over this with His ability to provide patience and financial stability.

* Our family is a part of a community of believers at Gospel Community Church who want to live in true community with one another, by practicing the "one anothers" of the Bible. This is incredible!

I could go on and on and on. Wow...


But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. Psalm 86:15

No comments: